As a condition of your use of Raqet you, agree that you will not:
- Violate any applicable laws including but not limited to consumer protection, data protection and intellectual property laws (including their regulations and guidelines);
- Violate any applicable posting rules;
- Post listings that do not show clear, truthful, verifiable, complete and unambiguous information regarding your contact details, the goods, price, delivery and any additional charge;
- Post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, unconstitutional or indecent material;
- Use the Services in any manner that could impair any of our websites or applications in any way or interfere with any party’s use or enjoyment of any such site or application;
- Post any material that is harmful to, harms or could harm minors in any way;
- Be false or misleading or employ false or misleading advertising practices;
- Infringe any third-party right;
- Distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Raqet or the interests or property of Raqet users;
- Impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of Raqet;
- Copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- Use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access Raqet and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent or otherwise violate the privacy of another person;
- Use the information available in Raqet to contact the users or the advertisers for any purpose other than for the use of the Services;
- Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Raqet.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to Raqet and any consequences that may result from your post. We reserve the right for any or no reason, at our discretion to refuse or delete or take-down content that (or any part thereof) we believe is inappropriate or breaching the above terms. We may, at our discretion, remove ads, put ads on hold or make minor changes thereto, when they do not comply with the Posting Rules. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user’s usage of the site either temporarily or permanently.
Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using the reporting system. Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content exercise our discretion when ads do not comply with our policies, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off Raqet if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content, exercise our discretion when ads do not comply with our policies, or keep a user off Raqet or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring Raqet or for unauthorized or unlawful content on Raqet or use of Raqet by users. You also recognize and accept that Raqet is not under any obligation to monitor any data or content which is submitted to or available on the site.
Fees and Services
Using Raqet is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain services. If the service you use incurs a fee, you’ll be able to review and accept that charge and any additional terms and conditions applicable, including forms of payment, to the service at the time of purchase. This will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in South African Rand, and we may change them from time to time. We’ll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may delete your ad. If your do not pay timeously and your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other permissible collection mechanisms.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties, this includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright, design and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). Many varied products are offered on Raqet by private individuals in South Africa. Entitled parties, the owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights owned by third parties can report any offers which many infringe on their rights and submit a request for this offer to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by Raqet
Reporting an infringement
In order to participate in the Notice of Infringement Programme, you need to contact us via the contact form on Raqet. This information you submit must enable Raqet to identify the advertisement to be removed. “Notice of Infringement" is intended to ensure that products offered do not infringe the copyright, trademark right or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
Raqet does not act as a supplier as contemplated in the Consumer Protection Act, or otherwise, and is not the party marketing the goods/services. Raqet provides the platform only. As explained above, we do not actively monitor data or content. We are not involved in the actual transactions between users.
Raqet does not operate as a payment intermediary, payment processor, payment facilitator, money transmitter, money services business, or any type of business akin thereto for the purposes of, or in connection with, any transaction on the site. Raqet does not fulfil any of the functions (whether as a whole or in part), of a payment intermediary, payment processor, payment facilitator, money transmitter, money services business, or any type of business akin thereto, whether in a direct or indirect manner.
By using Raqet, you agree that you are giving your voluntary and informed consent to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by Raqet on servers located in USA. You also agree that you are giving your voluntary and informed consent to receive marketing communications from us unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive such communications.
Resolution of disputes
If a dispute arises between you and Raqet we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the “contact us” page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
The terms and the other policies posted on Raqet constitute the entire agreement between Raqet and you, superseding any prior agreements. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below. We may update this agreement at any time, with changes taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the site, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.